1994 Moe Norman golf swing demo – PGA Interview – Best ever (part 1 of 2)

This video comes from the two part video also posted here on youtube. Which is from the 1994 PGA coaching and teaching conference where Moe Norman was interviewed as part of the ceremony acknowledging him as the “greatest ball striker” of all time. Craig Shankland was the interviewer and ask Moe many questions about his golf swing. It is a great question and answer video.

Based on my more than 20+ years experience in learning from Moe, studying his swing, and teaching it I personally do not believe it to be a good idea to exactly copy Moe’s golf swing. My Setup 4 Impact golf swing has a number of similarities to Moe’s swing, but also many differences which enable individuals to customize their own golf swings to get the fastest improvement possible. For a comparison of the two please see https://youtu.be/dorBuka-G8E
To learn to swing exactly like Moe visit Graves Golf academy.

Get my Setup 4 Impact Free video lesson series now at https://learninggolf.tv/registration/free-subscription/

For more great videos SUBSCRIBE for free to my channel http://www.youtube.com/user/kirkjunge?sub_confirmation=1

Comments

allen D says:

how would like to play a round with this fucking moron. how many holes before you cold-cocked this stupid son-of-a-bitch. lol

allen D says:

moe was the only golfer living whose hands were always in front of him. There area little over 500 million golfers in the world and Moe has seen every one of them swing a golf club. That is why he can say "he is the only golfer living etc and etc." Good ole Moe. He always kept me laughing but brother was he ever full of shit and himself. lol

fonziheights says:

Dude has an awesome swing. Keeps his head back in a perfect spot

Paul Hilliard says:

This is a great swing for those of us who have given up on the fact that we'll ever hit the ball long, im 5-7 with stocky build, I'll never create enough speed to hit it long, I've been using this swing for years, I only hit it 215 of the tee, and I'm using 5 wood and hybrid alot into the green, but always straight, haven't shot over 90 in 10 years, now granted I've only broke 80 5 times but for a recreational golfer, it makes golf fun to always play well, imo this swing isn't for the aspiring collegiate golfer or pro, but it's wonderful for a recreational golfer, and you can win some $ too when you always hit it straight lol

allen D says:

i love moe. i laugh the entire time i watch this video and i think I'm the only guy in the world who does that.

Will Blalock says:

Never smoke crack kids

Daily Dose says:

"I can't hit it crooked if I want too, my swing won't let me" Best quote ever!

Steve Lambo says:

plenty of bogies on pga tour when he tried for 12 tourneys

Steve Lambo says:

friend tried it on driver first time same distant but every drive down the middle not good for short game

TheNYgolfer says:

Does anyone know what Moe does in his swing to arrive at impact with his chest facing the target line, his shoulders almost parallel to the target line and both feet flat on the ground? That is something not common among tour players past or present. "Belly button to the target" is the battle cry today.

Ashton H says:

When I read golf swing secrets “kaha shocking guide” (Google), I discovered how comprehensive it explains the right way of doing a golf swing. The book is based off of the swing model of all tour pros put together. I`m still halfway in reading the book however I could say that the ideas are really helpful. I have scored 3 straight low 80s rounds right after reading this book.

Patrick McNamara says:

Maybe all Normans are great golfers lol?

Justin Welch says:

Thanks for this video, he was great.

sumsar0125 says:

How much distance do you lose with this swing (when compared to a straight conventional shot)?

Eka E says:

I`ve been a golf player for 7 years and there are several lessons that I have taken. After studying these golf swing secrets “kaha shocking guide” (Google it), I shot a 75 after 2 buckets working on the ideas introduced in this book, especially the grip section, the ball position and most importantly the through swing drills. My previous handicap is 13, but now I`m beginning to drop it. This guide is impressive!

surfstomp says:

Good swing for us old guys. Don't see any tour pros making this move.

bunkerputt says:

The feeling of greatness: 140 yard 7-irons.

golfboy1989 says:

He's a great character, but he's no great of the game in regards to his stats. The way he talks and is talked about he should have been in top 3 or better in every tourney he played. Yet he won nothing of note and rarely placed inside top 10. So a great ball striker he may have been, but he was not a great golfer.

dennis duncan long drive golf says:

I've meet a couple of men that got to hit balls with Moe. They loved him immensely. IF we listen to him explain how "HE" hits the golf ball, we'd all be better golfers. simplicity at it's best. listen to him talk about height, amazing. And he says, "hazards are on the ground",,, there are no hazards in the sky, hit over the hazards,,,, wonderful.

allen D says:

moe says it's so simply just swing to the finish. what he don't understand is that he hits thousands and thousands of balls every day and he does nothing else. But he can't understand why everyone can't hit a golf ball as good as him. Do u think Moe ever did anything for anyone other than himself? I certainly don't. He seems very self-serving to me!