Golf Swing – Hitting Solid Iron Shots and Compressing the Golf Ball

Http://www.golfcentralstation.com/tim-johnson-pga

In this video Tim Johnson, PGA Professional talks about the importance hitting down on the golf ball, balance in the golf swing, and how this will lead to solid iron shots.

Tim Johnson is a Certified PGA teaching Professional in Long Beach, CA to see more tips from Tim or to book a golf lesson visit his station on Golf Central Station Http://www.golfcentralstation.com/tim-johnson-pga

Comments

外国人说中文 says:

Hello. This is the BEST 9 iron explanation on YouTube

Andrew Kubit says:

Takes 7 minutes to say 1 thing. Jesus these brits…

Spass says:

thanks a lot!

Logan Smith says:

When I was still a beginner, I was able to achieve a slice and 150 yards by carrying out a normal drive. After learning these golf swing secrets “kaha shocking guide” (Google it) Now I hit drives between 200 and 220 yards and occasionally longer. My handicap before was 26 however it has now reached Sixteen. You must search it and learn now.

Darcy C says:

I have been a golf player for Several years and there are a few lessons that I have got. After learning these golf swing secrets “kaha shocking guide” (Google it), I shot a 75 after 2 buckets working on the concepts presented in this book, particularly the grip section, the ball position and most importantly the through swing drills. My previous handicap is 13, but now I am starting to drop it. It is amazing guide!

SuperDieseldriver says:

wow "leading edge" fck me he is intelligent 😂😂

Michael Di Dio says:

This guy is like Sean Spicer's twin! haha

Eka E says:

When I was still a starter, I was able to attain a slice and 150 yards by carrying out a normal drive. After learning these golf swing secrets “kaha shocking guide” (Google it) I now hit drives between 200 and 220 yards and occasionally longer. My handicap has gone from a 26 to a 16. Search the guide and try using it today.

Darcy C says:

As I read golf swing secrets “kaha shocking guide” (Google), I discovered how comprehensive it explains the proper way of performing a golf swing. The book tells the particular skills and swing techniques utilized by all golf tournament pros. I have read 1/2 of this book as well as the tips are wonderful. Looking over this book allowed me to score Three straight low 80s rounds.

Devin Padilla says:

When I read golf swing secrets “kaha shocking guide” (Google), I discovered how comprehensive it explains the proper way of performing a golf swing. The book is based off of the swing model of all tour pros put together. I`m still halfway in reading the book but I could say that the ideas are really helpful. I`ve scored 3 straight low 80s rounds after reading this book.

Duncan Macleod says:

Hit the ball solidly, not solid. Just saying…..

CB Murdock says:

That's exactly my problem. Nailed it. Great lesson.

HOLY ETI says:

One of the best online tutors so far , thanks Tim

Jim Seitz says:

Let me clear up some things for anyone watching this video thinking it's great advice.
First is the ball does not react in the manner Tim describes. Even on a flop shot the ball leaves the face almost immediately.
Second: there is a weight transfer laterally to start the downswing but please do not transfer your upper body towards the target. This moves the bottom of your swing feet to the left. Your head needs to stay behind the ball.
If your hitting the ball thin or fat, most likely you're casting your right wrist at some point before impact.
From the start of your downswing the hands and arms really should do nothing active through impact. The left hip bumps left(for a right handed player), the right knee starts to kick in to turn the hips back forward. If the arms and hands are truly static as they should be, then by just this move you've returned the club halfway back down. The rest is the turning of the shoulders delivering the club head last. Momentum will pull the rest of your body to the finish described in the video.
Tim's message is good but just missing some crucial pieces.
Every club descends into the ball except the driver, teed up 3 wood, and the putter. Actively attempting to trap the ball with ground is not the way.

Mrgolfboy24 says:

When you say there should be body movement to the left, I think you are promoting a slide-movement which will cause a push fade or maybe even a shank. You need to point out that there is weight transfer from the right to the left side, but the body and the head still have to keep still untill you have hit the ball.

Beginners need firstly to learn how to keep still, then need to add weight transfer to their swing. ( My opinion)

Rudy2053 says:

You have no clue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Azem Bektash says:

Thanks Tim! In the last month I've improved my game immensely!

Patrick Alexander says:

Hey Tim, I can't find any slow motion video that show what you are explaining, hotting the ball, compressing into ground and rolling on the face of the club to jump out. Do you happen top know of any slow motion video for that shot?

Patricia Martel says:

exactly what I needed. nice divot and the ball takes off!! so simple

Jim Hassey says:

"We call this when you finish your golf swing… We call this a golf swing." Wait… what?How can you not love this guy. Frikin hilarious. Although now I have PTSD from him yelling at me.