RICK’S GOLF SWING LESSON BY ME AND MY GOLF

ME AND MY GOLF ANALYSIS OF RICK SHIELS GOLF SWING
RICK’S GOLF SWING LESSON BY ME & MY GOLF
SUBSCRIBE to Rick Shiels Golf PGA http://bit.ly/SubRickShielsGolf for more golf gear reviews, what’s in the bag videos, course vlogs, lessons, head to head’s, and more!

To see how you can train privately with Rick Shiels in Manchester, take a look at his website here: http://bit.ly/RickShielsPGA

COMMENT below to ask Rick Shiels what you want to see him review next!

FOLLOW Rick Shiels on Social Media to see behind the scenes:

Instagram: http://bit.ly/RickShielsIG
Vine: http://bit.ly/GolfProVine
Facebook: http://bit.ly/RickShielsFB
Twitter: http://bit.ly/RickShielsTwitter

Rick delivers straight talking, easy to follow, honest, professional, calculated advice to all of his viewers from beginner to tour pro. This tried and tested method of coaching has helped many golfers achieve their personal goals and beyond.

Comments

Plenchie says:

I'd love to hit a good draw like you do, Rick… I straight-blast the ball around 280m, so could get a bit more distance with that draw.

Goodspeed says:

Why change? Do what Nicklaus did. Instead, aim left, hit from the inside, and take a weaker grip so it goes straight or falls to the right. Why change the hard part when it's natural to you?

Peter Thomson says:

Rick..I think a really interesting question to address would be why…that swing path is….or is inclined to…get to the inside like that. On a cause and effect basis. I would think that would generate real power for change without the need to be "thinking" or compensating in the swing. Your thoughts? Do you really want to have swing thoughts..any swing thoughts….or do we want fundamentals we can commit to and trust?

myagcp says:

Thank you Rick for your work, Peter’s and the boys at Me and My Golf. I have been following you all since I got back into golf after a twenty year break. I had 25 years at 5 or better before that, most at 3. (That dates me PN… post-Niblick LOL.)

Trackman, and it’s competitors, have opened my eyes to a whole new swing methodology. It has taken me several months to get my head around the numbers but thanks to Martin Chuck the penny is finally dropping.

What I am seeing in this video and in your Titleist 915 v 913 video plus the analysis on Me and My Golf is that you have the enviable path of, lets say, plus 5 degrees (OK not all the time but proves that even you Pros are human) But the guys want you to have a square club face instead of an open face. This seems to me where it all falls apart. In both of the recent videos your flight starts at the target and goes left depending on how much plus is in your path and how “closed” your clubface is relative to that path.

Keep your plus 5 and add in plus 2 (open) face and you have the perfect draw, starting down the right third of the fairway and drawing back to the middle, not starting on target (face alignment) and hooking 20 plus yards to the left (swing path) as evidenced by your videos. (That’s my understanding of the numbers…am I right?)

Going back a bit to Carnoustie, you were smashing them down the right side of the fairway with a draw. Great. Understanding that the hook was probably the same swing but with a square or slightly closed face might be all you need to think about.

For what it is worth!

David (Australia)

Duncan Kim says:

Great to see a pro admitting their 'mortality' and putting efforts to improve. In the midst of too many know-it-alls, who i of course know much better than the average Joes, it is very refreshing to see Rick learning from the other pros.

RJ Regenold says:

I have tons of respect for a golf pro that not only allows his swing to be analyzed, but also implements the advice given. Nicely done! Thanks for all the great videos.

Matt Logo says:

so now what do you do, to stop pulling your shots after having the path figured out?

Ben Crinion says:

I love how pros "over draw" but amateur players hook.

Chris Weatherall says:

Some of those are still drawing quite a lot still from a face only 1 degree closed to path. What's the main contributing factor here? One of the first ones (2:32) was out of the toe (gear effect?) but are the others (4:37) because of the lie which is tilting the spin axis? I'm pretty new to this so just trying to figure out why they're still going a bit left. Good improvement Rick, beats hitting floodlights 😉 Should give you top confidence to aim a bit further right now you don't have to worry about the push.

garry rake says:

Them boys know there golf

Erik Biles says:

This swingchange seems like it also has you hitting less up on the ball, are you thinking that you will just get back to hitting up on the ball more eventually once you get used to this swing or will you possibly try lofting up more on your driver?

Meandmygolf says:

Great work Rick!! Path is loads better and hopefully ball flight will be a little more consistent. Keep working on it but not too hard!!! See you soon.

Spare Time Thomas says:

Hands down the most relevant video for my swing I've seen – thanks +Meandmygolf and +RickShielsPGAGolf. I have exactly the same swing path as you Rick, and cannot hit a straight ball – overdraws and blocks all over the place! Cannot wait to try these drills this weekend!

Channelqinyang says:

Your dedication is inspiring Rick! Looking forward to see the ball flight change in your future reviews!