MY TOP THREE GOLF BOOKS

Here we have a look at my top three golf books. Please comment and tell me yours!

►Become a FREE SUBSCRIBER to PETER FINCH now

►Book Lesson With PETER FINCH at Quest Golf here

►Feel free to comment below!
►Remember to hit that LIKE button if you enjoyed it 🙂
►NEW VIDEO EVERY DAY ON MY CHANNEL
—————————————-­—————————————-­—
►My Links:
Facebook ► http://bit.ly/PFGolfFacebook
Twitter ► http://bit.ly/PFGolfTwitter
Instagram ► https://instagram.com/peterfinch/
Web ► http://bit.ly/PFGolfPro
—————————————-­—————————————-­–

Download the Pin Seekerz app here!

►iPhone: http://bit.ly/1BIhrnH
►Android: http://bit.ly/1BIhrnH

I deliver straight talking, easy to follow, honest, professional, calculated advice to all of my viewers from beginner to tour pro. This tried and tested method of coaching has helped many golfers achieve their personal goals and beyond.

Comments

Glenn Krzeminski says:

Bob Rotella's books are not bad (the first one is best, I think) but the best book on golf for me is "The Elements of Scoring" by Raymond Floyd. I guess you could say it's targeted to weekend warriors who want to get their handicap down to 15 – after that you've (consciously or not) already learned your hard earned lessons. I guess you could say the driving theme behind the book is the assertion he makes that he could beat you with your swing. In other words, all things being exactly equal, including your swing and his, that he would beat you. Unless you break 80 regularly he's correct. That assertion made me feel like a fool because I knew he was right because of all the little ways I gave shots away on the course. The book is aimed at managing your game and stop being stupid. If you have a decent swing, this book should keep you from making conscious mistakes and Rotella's book should keep you from making unconscious ones. After that, it's all a function of your natural ability and how much you practice. I liked it because I didn't want any more incessant swing mechanics instructions I just wanted to become the best player I could with the swing I already have.

pickin4you says:

The Little Red Book is my favorite of all time. He talks too about how a driver can be too big. Maybe the reason why most hit their 3 woods better??? Interesting that he thought of this way back then.

lambert1702 says:

Great video Pete, love all the Penick books!

edgerat says:

Harvey Penick's Little Red Book is the only one I need 🙂

milughtly rudy says:

>> Womens Golf Book Discount Offer 2016 <<

James Burke says:

Zen Golf by Dr Joseph Parent, Mastering the mental game. Fantastic book!

Mark Naden says:

Quantum Golf: The Path to Golf Mastery.

This book is very different, but well worth a read. It isn't technique focused and will not be for everyone, however, if you like Bob Rotella then you might like this story based approach to overcoming the mental aspects of the game,

Clear Intention Golf says:

Golf in the Kingdom – Michael MurphyExtraordinary Golf – Fred ShoemakerFive Lessons – Ben Hogan

Peter Breen says:

'Into the bear pit' by Mark James on his Ryder Cup Captaincy in 1999

Matt Virgo says:

My personal favorites are
Mike Malaska – I feel your pain
Davis love Jr and Bob Toski – how to feel a real golf swing
Bob Rotella – Golf is not a game of perfect

Matthew Collins says:

Hogan's five lessons-nothing comes close. I have Peltz, not that much of a fan

wakit300 says:

My favorite golf books / recommendations not suggested by Peter are: (a) "Putt like the Pros" – Dave Pelz – book that started it all for Pelz, easier than diving right in to Short Game/Putting Bible. A lot of information about what happens on the greens (b) "Extraordinary Golf: The Art of the Possible" – Fred Shoemaker – different than Rotella but gets you going in the same direction.
(c) "Every Shot Has A Purpose" – Pia Nilsson & Lynn Marriott – expands on VISION54 method to integrate physical, technical, mental, emotional & social parts of the game. Great insights & tons of drills to bring your best game from practice range to the course and show you how to manage your mental & emotional elements while there.

David Harrison says:

Hi Peter, loved the video, below are my most favorite three golf books I read quite often as follows,

1. The Legend of Bagger Vance by Steven Pressfield – I would recommend anybody to watch the film first to get a understanding of this book. Its background is that its based in 1931 and midst of the US great depression. While at Krewe Island a 36 hole golf match between Bobby Jones and Walter Hagen is about to begin and is joined by a troubled war hero called Rannulph Junah who lost his swing. When out of nowhere comes Bagger, a mysterious man who comes from out of the darkness to help Junah find is own 'Authentic Swing' and it is only Bagger alone who can show Junah the path back to glory.
I've personally watched the film many times and thought of Tiger Woods who is kinda in the same place at the moment. Overall it has great lines in both the book and film so worth every penny and worth a watch.

2. How to play golf by Harry Vardon – This is the oldest golf book i own, I was lucky enough to find a copy on a Amazon marketplace store (Can't remember how much it cost but it was worth it) first written in 1912 by the great 6 time Open champion himself tells you the basics of the game everything from holding a club to playing on courses abroad in 15 chapters all written by himself. Though the club names have changed since the book was originally written but the game and the fundamentals will always be the same.

3. Putt Perfect By Edward Craig – Now this comes in at three simply because its all about putting and nothing more (Probably the weakest part of my game) it shows you ways of putting, key tips and drills you can do at home and also a chapter called Mind Games and tactics which can proof useful if you're playing Matchplay events

anyway they are my 3 favorite books. I look forward to reading any comments either from yourself Peter or anyone who watches this video

Happy golfing guys

Nick Ramey says:

1.) Ben Hogans, Five lessons. 2.) Golf in the kingdom (Michael Murphy) 3.) Stack and Tilt (conversations about low point. 4.) The Match

Marthijn van Hooydonk says:

I love "Every shot counts" by Mark Brody, because it is not an instructional book (I have a coach for that), but it is a stat's book (a long the line of the Pelz books) that gives you a good insight into how your course management can help your game. Taking the Brody principles a step further is "Lowest score wins" from Barzeski and Wedzik. Who add techniques and strategies to combine with the application of your stats. Both books are not light reads but very interesting and helpful for players wanting a better understanding of the game.

ripyerballs says:

Tommy Armour Play your best golf all of the time, excellent golf coaching that still applies today.

Habloirlandes says:

None of these are instructional:
Ben Hogan: An American Life by James Dodson.
The Match by Mark Frost.
The Greatest Game ever Played by Mark Frost.
The Grand Slam by Mark Frost.
Tales from Q-School by John Feinstein.
Four-Iron in the Soul by Lawrence Donegan.
The Pro by Butch Harmon.

John Dough says:

Can't believe no one's mentioned Tom Watson's "Getting Up and Down from 60 Yards and In" yet. And surprised only a couple of mentions of Jack's "Golf My Way." And "Bad Golf My Way" by Leslie Nielsen gives excellent technical pointers for the foot wedge.

tim liebnau says:

Great books. I would add Zen Golf by Dr. Joseph Parent.

Philip Keegan says: